Wednesday, October 28, 2009

On your mark, get set, GO!

Much to my surprise, my lovely husband decided to sign us up to run a 5K together. At first I was excited, considering I have been talking to him the last couple of months about starting some hobbies together (such as running). Then reality hit...I hadn't exercised for about a month and lets just say I didn't eat the healthiest while we were on vacation. So I thought no big deal, it can't be that bad, only three miles, plus it was for a good cause (cancer research). So on a typical chilly morning here in the east, we strapped on our running shoes and gave it a go...

NO I am not really this white, I am pretty pasty...but not this WHITE!!! The chickadee taking the picture had the flash on.

Here we are after the race.

We gave it our best and finished in 27 min. (Not too fast, but not too slow!)

and the First Place Ribbon goes to.....

My Super-Duper Husband!

No he didn't finish first, but he gets a Gold Star in my book for running with me the whole way(even though he could have left me in the dust), and letting me cross the finish line before him, because he always puts me first. Here's to many more races to come....

7 comments:

Trina said...

How fun to do that together. I think I could probably convince Scott to run that far with me. Where did you run it? Did you have hills?

Carleton & Robyn said...

Good for you. 5 ks are so fun. We'll be doing one at Thanksgiving and New Year's.

the duffsters said...

Congrats on the great time! Warren is a WAY better runner than me but when we run together he stays with me too. He is so nice. lol. You guys are such a fun couple!
Do you guys have facebook? I update it more than my blog... let me know. :)

Chelsea Parsons said...

ohhh that's awesome. What a great thing to do together. And your time was great too. Also, after the winter we have just had...I am that white!

Burke family said...

Good for you! It definitely makes running easier when you do it with your best friend, huh? :)

Melanie said...

i think 27 minutes is great. better than i could ever hope to do. i think that would be a fun hobby to have with your spouse. maybe i will suggest it to gary =)

Brooke said...

Nice work Stones!