Friday, January 8, 2010

Confession...

Ok, I admit it...I have NOT been to the dentist in FOUR years!!!! Until now! I know, it sounds so gross, but anybody that knows me, KNOWS that I practice good hygiene and brush and floss twice a day. So you are probably wondering why I haven't been to the dentist in four years? First of all, I have put myself on the back burner, plus, I didn't have insurance for me while Clint was in school, and oh, did I forget to mention that when I was a kid I seriously had the worst dentist experiences, thus, I have been traumatized and haven't liked going to the dentist. (Disclaimer: I have been a good mom and make sure my kids get in for their twice a year appointments.)
I have to say that my experience this time was quite pleasant. NO CAVITIES..I told you I take care of my teeth!!! So I had to show off my pearly whites (and my pearly toilet???). I even found out that I have extra crazy bones growing on my lower jaw line (you know under your tongue). It sounds weird, I know..but the hygienist said it's somewhat rare, but normal. I would only have a problem if I had to have dentures...let's hope that's never an issue! I can now take myself off the, "I hate going to the dentist!" list. Oh, and can I just say that I have never had my teeth cleaned so well in my life! The hygienist did a great job, for the rest of the day I kept running my tongue across my teeth. Sorry, is this too much information.....

9 comments:

Susan Engar said...

LUCKY!!!!!!! I can brush 5 times a day and floss and still have cavities......wish I liked the dentist as much as you:)

juliejohnson673@gmail.com said...

Sorry my girl....you get that jaw bone from you mother. I have the same thing. Sometimes if a pain in the butt. And it's about time that you put something on. I've been checking daily. I'm so glad that your dentist visit turned out great. Keep brushing!!!! Hugs and kisses....

Unknown said...

Yeah, a post! Although I know you practice excellent dental hygiene now, are you sure there are any teeth left to be filled from when you were little :) 4 yrs is a long time. Kudos to you! We both are a little obsessed with flossing. Both my girls are always walking around with floss hanging out of their mouths & showing each other their huge sugar bugs. I'm not sure if that is cute or crazy. I think it could be worse. Love you lots!

Trina said...

So, who was the dentist? Was it here? If so, who was it and I need to get in, since it's been a while.

Bridget said...

I just found your blog, and what a great post to stumble upon! I went 4 years without a dentist visit for the same reasons. It felt SO good once I finally went in a few months ago. I think I'm still running my tongue across my teeth. :)

brooke said...

okay so i feel secretly traumatized by my childhood dentist as well... i hate going. congrats on no cavities though! i went once in guatemala and had the best experience of my life, and it only cost 30 bucks...no pain either.. heaven. i can hook you up if you want to hop on down there...

Jody said...

Trina- It was Notheast Family Dental, Dr. Manunts. She's been awesome. My kids even love going to her. All the people that work there are super nice also. I have been taking my kids there since we moved here. Two thumbs up!

Paige said...

BUB would be so proud!! way to go

Paige said...

I have to say you do have beautiful teeth too!