Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bermuda

Clint had a conference that he was participating in that just happened to be in Bermuda..not too shabby huh! So of course I jumped at the chance to tag along. He was in meetings most of the day, so I made my way to the beach to nap, read, nap again, and enjoy my days in the sun. We were still able to spend time together at night and go for morning jogs along the beach trails. It was absolutely beautiful. The water was crystal clear and the sand was white, almost as white as us. I think we were the whitest people on the beach.

The hotel we stayed at even had it's own private beach. As I was snapping a shot at our beach, I accidentally happened to get a shot of some sexy, man wading in the water...oh wait, that's my husband...lucky me! Bay Watch here we come...he just needs to be running in slow motion.

Here's the famous lighthouse on the island. We were able to walk up and look out around the top. My fear of heights made me weak in the knees and I barely made it down the hundred flights of steps down.

The tropical flowers were amazing. This is just one of them that I loved. Oh, and we got to see the most beautiful bright tropical fish. It's pretty neat seeing them in their own environment.

Here's our lizard friend that happened to cross our path.
Overall the trip was awesome!!! A HUGE thanks to my mom and grandma that came out to watch our little skids. I only wish I would have gotten pictures of them. My kids were in heaven not only having one, but two grandma's to spoil them. Seriously they are the BEST and I LOVE them dearly. XOXOXO to you both!

9 comments:

Trina said...

How fun! What a beautiful beach!

I'll be excited for our first trip, without kids to go and do whatever we want, whenever we want!

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you were able to slip away on such a fun vacation. It looks like you had a blast.

juliejohnson673@gmail.com said...

And Gramma Jules had a blast also. The kids were so good and Aubrey even let me cuddle.....Can't wait for July....

The Harker's said...

Soooo want to head to Bermuda now! Sounds like the ideal vacation to me. Sitting on the beach reading and napping.:) Love it.

Andrea said...

Bermuda looks gorgeous. I'm glad you were able to join Clint and I'm sure he was too. Here's to more conferences in tropical paradises!

Susan Engar said...

How fun Jody......it is always so nice to get a break from the kiddos and go somewhere tropical with just your hubby!! Are you going to be in UT by chance around the 4th of July? If so we need to hook up.

Rachel Holste said...

fun.. fun.. for you! i'm sure basking in the "sun" was the best part... would be for me!:)
ps... love your hat! i'm a hat girl:)

Chelsea Parsons said...

you and me both on the whiteness factor. It doesnt take long after summer to lose that warm glow either!!!

Ahlquist Family said...

I am utterly jealous!