Monday, May 31, 2010

Lately...

We've had a lot going on the last couple of weeks. Here just a little bit of what we've been doing...

My beautiful, baby (not so baby anymore) girl turned 8 last week. She is so funny, creative, sensitive, smart, and full of personality. I love that she is so girly, yet can play with the boys. She is always making something like cards, jewelry, purses, and she even designed her cake. She amazes me everyday and makes me wonder what I did to deserve a daughter like her. She has such a wise soul about her. Miss Maddy, the world is at your fingertips! We love our Maddy bug!

Father & Son's camp out...need I say more?! Obviously they had a ball.

This weekend we decided to go to Cedar Pointe (An amusement park in Ohio). It was such a great park. Tons of crazy rides and very family friendly. I had to laugh at the picture above. Chase was the only one in line for this ride, and to top it off, the guy working "Frog Hopper" didn't even know how to work it, so Chase just bounced about a foot off the ground. Chase looks pretty amused, doesn't he?

We decided to give "Frog Hopper" a go again, this time with Max. As you can see it was a little more successful.

This is the only shot I have with the three of them. Not the best picture, but at least we had a good time making lots of fun family memories!

8 comments:

juliejohnson673@gmail.com said...

The cake is so cute and so is the girl sitting by it. But I'm glad she is still little enough for cuddles in the rocking chair.

Everyone looked like they had a ball on the "Frog hopper." Where is my Sweet Pea?

Trina said...

How fun! My family is going there, on their way home from here, next month.

Kristen Sheranian said...

Wow that place looks like fun! By the way you should teach a cake decorating class next year. All the cakes I have seen for your kids are darling! Just a thought!

Jake said...

You make such cute cakes. The pics from the Ohio trip are cute. Glad you had fun! B

Ahlquist Family said...

So fun! Can you believe our babies are 8? When is her baptism? Jackson is getting baptised this month, although he could have been last month. Can't wait to see pics?

Carleton & Robyn said...

What a beautiful cake! I can't believe Maddy helped design it. You mentioned all the crafty stuff she likes to do. She might like Youtube. They go step by step for sewing, hairstyles, anything she likes and she can get new ideas.

Thanks for your prayers and thoughts.

Carleton & Robyn said...

Funny. I was just scrolling down your blog and the pic with you and Clint at Bermuda (w your hat)- Apollo said "that's my daddy and my mommy." Funny.

Hayter Family said...

Jody,
You're such an awesome mom. The cakes and birthday decorations are beautiful. You're kids will have the best memories of growing up. And madison is just gorgeous - how fun, an eight year old. I had so much fun seeing you in May. I loved getting to talk with you! we love you guys!!! enjoy your summer.