Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 2/Ottowa

The next day was Ottowa. It was such a beautiful city. Clint and I couldn't believe how clean it was. As you can see, our little pea was so worn out. Just a side note, these pictures have been placed at random.

We went to an Agriculture Museum. They had so much for the kids to do. It kind of reminded me of a small scale, This is the Place Monument. It was quaint, fun, and smelly at times...of course amongst the animals. Above is Madison working on her leather bracelet.

Chase grinding some corn. Along with the corn grinding, they had a corn bread making demo.

Max helping make apple cider.



I love that Aubrey acts like she's a big girl in these pictures. She climbed right up, grabbed a crayon, and took her coloring very serious.

How great are these pictures!!! Clint and I were rolling, it still makes me laugh to see them. I seriously am thinking of blowing them up and hanging them on my wall. All of their faces crack me up.

All of my sweet bugs together.

One of the amazing views overlooking Ottowa. It really was so breathtaking. On a side note: I will forever think of Seinfeld when I hear the word, "breathtaking"...you know which episode I'm talking about? Here's a hint...shrinkage!


Ottowa's equivalent of the White House.

The whole drive was so amazing! We picked a great weekend to travel. All of the leaves were changing, the sun was out with blue skies, the air was crisp, and take a look at the sunset we drove through. It was as if we were going to be swallowed up in the fiery clouds.

I'm sure you can't wait until the last post of our trip...to be continued...

7 comments:

Andrea said...

What a fun family excursion! I wish we were close enough that we could have tagged along. I'm glad you are enjoying life out East. Your kids are adorable! Love the bee men...

juliejohnson673@gmail.com said...

What happened with Max...it looks like the bees really did get him. What a hoot!!! And I loved the one with Aubrey..her hair is getting so long. What a fun trip. I'm so glad that you guys make the best of your time there. I really would have loved to have been with you. And i love Chase in his hat. Kisses

The Harker's said...

Love your pictures so far! And gotta love Seinfeld! Totally remember the episode.:)

Melanie said...

Looks like you guys had a good time. I've always wanted to do this trip. The pictures of the kids with the bees are awesome.

Trina said...

That view really is so amazing! And the sunset is really great!

ames said...

the bee pictures are amazing. i had to look at it for quite a while to realize it wasn't real....i know....

your kids are so cute i can't handle it

Unknown said...

Love the black and white pictures. It so captures each of their little personalities. You should blow them up for sure. Both Maddy and Max look taller.