Monday, October 18, 2010

Our family took a trip a couple of weeks ago to the Thousand Islands, Ottowa, and Montreal. I'm going to do each day of the trip a different post. Our first day was to the Thousand Islands just before the Canadian border. Yes, there are really over a thousand islands, pretty cool huh! It was crazy to see that people actually have their own island with their own house on it. We took a boat tour which dropped us off at a castle. It's a pretty romantic, yet tragic story. The man below in the picture loved his wife so much that he wanted to build a castle for her. It took four years and around 300 men to build it. Just before the fourth year when it would be done, his beloved wife passed away. How sad is that!?
This is her master bedroom. I absolutely love it! I think it's so charming and whimsical.

The grand staircase. Not the best shot of the family. Not a great shot, period. It kind of makes me dizzy looking at it...just a little lopsided and blurry.

The ceiling of the main foyer.
The castle, on it's own island.
Part of the castle, I can't remember what it was used for.
This is a bridge that crosses between the Canadian and American line.

This was Chase during most of the trip, throwing a tantrum. He's such a turd! He would grunt, put his hat over his eyes, and press his head against something.
Two of my loves....with no bums! It's amazing their pants stay on.

It was pretty windy on the boat. I have to laugh at this picture of me, I told Clint that I look plasticky, like a face lift gone bad.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

It looks like your trip got off to a good start. The castle is INSANE. I got a kick out of you calling Chase a turd. Sometimes they just are. :)

juliejohnson673@gmail.com said...

I bet Maddy loved the castle as well as you. And our cute turd is still cute. And you looked great....not pasty. Good pictures. Too bad we didn't get our Aub's face. Love you all.... :>)

juliejohnson673@gmail.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
juliejohnson673@gmail.com said...

ps...I'm so glad that you got you're new blog up as soon as you did. I love that... Hugs and kisses!!!!!

Unknown said...

The castle is so gorgeous! Is it for sale :) I think you look like a beautiful celebrity mom who was just caught by the paparazzi. So happy to see the post!

Chelsea Parsons said...

oh this brought back memories. WE went there!!!!