Friday, October 15, 2010

Happy Birthday to Max!

I love this picture!!! This is just a little bit of the craziness that happened during Max's 7th birthday party. My wonderful husband offered to throw the party this year, and I was more than happy to put the task into his hands. Little did I know he would invite 14 kids, make scary, bloody trick-or-treat bags, and tell scary stories to keep the kids entertained...and the result...the kids had a ball!

My Max is a funny, little guy and sometimes goes against tradition. He wanted cookies this year. I took snicker doodles to his class and he wanted a chocolate chip cookie pie for his party. Who doesn't like cookies?! Oh, and we didn't realize that we were out of candles. Luckily we found that little one tucked away in the cupboard.

The boys had a ball playing 500, while the girls played on the swing set.

I can't believe my little guy is already 7. Our Max is such a hoot. A couple of months ago this is what our conversation was:

Max: Hey mom, can I change my name?
Me: Yeah if you want to, but you have to be older. (Me thinking, where did this come from?)
Max: How old?
Clint: You have to be 18.
Me: What would you change your name to?
Max: (After a little pause) I think I'll change it to George.
Clint and I looked at him with a smirk on our face trying not to laugh.
Max: (Proceeded to say with all seriousness) I think I'll be George Akenemy Dooble!
By this time Clint and I busted up, wondering where in the world that came from.

He is so inquisitive and smart, and loves to read. He says the funniest things and keeps us on our toes. He loves to play any sport, loves to spend time with our family, and still gives me great hugs. Plus and added bonus is I get to share my birthday with him. Yes, I also turned 31 on Oct 5. (Here's an interesting fact: More babies are born around the first of Oct, because 9 months before is New Years...What a way to bring in the New Year, if you know what I mean...)

2 comments:

juliejohnson673@gmail.com said...

What a fun party and scary eye balls. My Max looks all grown up. He looks so cute. Pinch those cheeks for me.

Tukuafu's said...

Dear Max- Please stop growing! Seriously, I missed like half of your life. P.s. tell your mom to come see me, I miss her.

xoxoxo!