Friday, July 17, 2009

Cake Anyone...

So just this week I have made rice crispy treats, muffins, zucchini bread, and now this cake. I need help!!!!! I am an emotional baker! You must be thinking with all these baked goods that I am an emotional basket case. There's something methodical in mixing the eggs, flour, sugar, etc. Just for those few moments of mixing I can tune out the whining, ignore my messy house, and forget about the fact that I still haven't gotten dressed for the day. In the end I get an instant satisfaction that all my hard work paid off, that by just mixing a few simple ingredients you can get a "masterpiece" as Madison always says. Wouldn't it be nice if raising kids were that way? I just need to realize that all of the hard work that I put into my kids will one day be the best double layered, lemon, berry cake I have ever made...my "masterpiece!"

So in the same breath of saying that I've had an emotional week and tired of whiny kids, I have to say that I am one lucky mom. My sweet, little Max has been surprising me with little bouquets of flowers the past couple of weeks. He'll pick them from our yard and even go to the extent of tying a bow around it. He's going to be quite the heart breaker...look out all you little ladies!

4 comments:

Tukuafu's said...

Um, I am gonna need one of those cakes on the double! Your Max is so sweet! Miss your sweet face! loves !

Blog said...

You've got a great family to be proud of. Your little boys look like little studs. I can tell by Madison's pose that she's definately got some sass to her-like her mom.

I remember you always baking cookies and other stuff when we lived at Snow. Looks like your addiction hasn't gone away.

The Harker's said...

It's hard to believe you are baking all these goodies with how great you look! You must not be eating any.:) It was so fun to catch up with you yesterday. We can't wait to move back for good in a month. Miss you guys!

dancing queen said...

Some days are like that, aren't they??? :) Love your new blog! So fun to see your entire family on here too! :) Visit us at busybadventures.com Take care!!!