Thursday, August 27, 2009

Blueberry Picking

Oh the joy of picking your own blueberries! We headed to Grisamore Farm to help ourselves to as many blueberries as we could pick for playgroup today.

I strapped Aubrey in and we were ready to go. I had hopes of getting two buckets full, but....

this was Aubrey about five minutes into the picking! So I settled for one.



Maddy, Max, and Chase

Our tired little crew needed a break. Goldfish, blueberries, and water...yum!
After, we headed up to the actual farm to see the animals. The kids thought it was quite funny to see a goat on a picnic table. We got a few giggles out of them.

We love Grisamore's and can't wait to come back in a few weeks for apple picking. The best is in October when they have it decorated so cute for the fall harvest. They have a children's maze, pumpkin picking, and lets not forget to mention the apple cider. Hooray for Grisamore Farm!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I've been waiting for a new post. There is nothing better than fresh blueberries except maybe a fresh, ripe peach, and getting to pick them yourself - what an awesome playgroup. I loved the picture of Aubrey's face. I can just hear the sound we would both use to describe it. I wish you could've been here today. Mom and I tried two new eateries down south and boy were they delicious. I'm sure she will tell you all about them :) Then we went to the aquarium. Maybe your kids would like to go when you visit. Miss you!

Unknown said...

We will try to go and do what we did today. We had a sugar high....and the best hamburger and fries.

I love Grissmar Farm. The kids look so cute and I know they had a great time. Gramma needs to get back there. Aubrey looks sooooo cute and I want to beat that butt. I keep saying that, but I just CAN'T WAIT....

I like you're sunglasses....grovey mama.... Hugs and kisses.... Mom

melanie said...

Oh I'm so jealous. I've seriously been so sad that we'll miss a real, proper autumn with apple and pumpkin picking. I keep hoping that Mike will need to get back to Cornell for a meeting and we'll have an excuse for a trip! You must be getting excited for school to start. The girls are already finishing their 3rd week, isn't that crazy.

Rachel Holste said...

I think September 30th would be a great time. I will e-mail everyone and let them know. I think if we give everyone plenty of time it should work out. It will be so great to see you! I will keep you posted on everyone.... I'm sure it will work! Hope all is well with you!

Chelsea Parsons said...

ohhh I miss blueberry picking at Grisamores! I have made myself sick many a time there!!!! We have found blueberry picking here but its way more $$$$. Take lots of fall photos for me when the colours start happening. I miss it.