Monday, August 17, 2009

Second Day at the Falls

Am I just an idiot...I couldn't get the post to go in order. Oh well, I did give the disclaimer at the beginning of my blog that I'm not computer savvy. I need someone to show me all the tricks...any offers?
As you can see, the kids were ready to go for a new day of adventure.

No, I'm not breast feeding!!!


Here's the boat we took to the inner falls.


Can I just say that I was soooo thankful to get on the boat. It was incredibly hot and humid the two days we were there. I call it, "The too hot for sexy!" look. Both Aubrey and I were melted together.

Who knows where Chase was...he was probably off steering the boat!

So it was the coolest thing...they literally take you right up into the middle of the horse shoe. Talk about breathtaking! You've got to experience it if you're ever there. It's well worth the money.

It felt like you were in a hurricane when we got to the bottom of the falls. We were drenched and loving it!!! Aubrey even handled it like a champ...she just had a look on her face like, "What the...?"


Overall we had an amazing time. After the falls, we ended up heading to a little town called Niagara on the Lake (Which was "whimsical" like I always say.). They had a peach festival going on and we got some yummy treats. Luckily, on our way home I was able to pass the border without a passport (which is now required as of June). I was worried I'd be detained and Clint would have to raise our skids all on his own. Goodbye Canada, Hello USA...

6 comments:

Rachel Holste said...

Seriously Jody..... how do you get so thin? You look great! Didn't you just have a baby like 6 months ago... it must just melt right off of you. You have a darling family. Can't wait to see you in October!

Unknown said...

Next time I'm going with you..the falls are beautiful. And so is my family. I love the picture of Aubrey with the new friend.

Trina said...

How fun! I can't wait until we make it up there! I think we'll try to go earlier in the summer to avoid the muggy hot!

The Harker's said...

We went last Thanksgiving, and it looks way more fun to go this time of year!:) Did the kids need passports? Dave wasn't able to go when we went with my parents, so we were thinking of doing that before leaving here. Now I need to get a passport... I definately want to do the maid of the mist. It was closed in winter time.

Nicole said...

Hey Jody, I'm finally getting around to the blog again. Yours looks great! I'm glad you're doing it now. I actually, really miss Ithaca - although not so much when I peek at the weather and see that it's gonna rain for 5 days straight. I really miss all the fun girls and I'm sure I always will.

Looks like we'll be in UT at least through Dec. If you get some time give us a call when you come in Oct. If not, no big deal, I know family stuff takes a lot of time.

Tell everyone "hi!"

JC and Emily said...

Har, how stinkin' cute is your family!? I look at these pics and can't believe how fast times goes by. Your kids are darling and you look better than ever! I miss you and hope that you are doing good! I'm so glad you have a blog now!