Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day Ten...

Gift: Puzzle

We're just like a puzzle, we fit together so tight,
Two pieces put together, it feels so right.

We had a great connection right from the start,
We saw each other everyday, it so hard to part.
Eight years later our puzzle has grown,
Four more pieces we get to call our own.

Still when you travel, I can't sleep at night,
Your side of the bed empty, never feels right.

Just like a puzzle, our trials can sometimes seem hard,
But we always work together till life deals another card.

Our pieces put together, are placed one by one,
Building a lifetime of love, never to be undone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your hair in this picture. When was it taken? How many more days in the countdown? Clint is making out like a fat rat. By the way, not to make you homesick, but I just ate at the Market Street Broiler today for lunch and can I just say their clam chowder is to die for! Love you! Keep up the good work.

breyn said...

Jody,
You are the CUTEST!!!!! (as if I already didn't know that). I love, love, love your blog!!!!!!! Wahoo!!!! I can see you and your adorable family all I want. Okay, so we definitely need to talk. I feel like I have so much to say. Your ordeal with hives. What in the world? YIKES!!! This whole anniversary thing is ADORABLE!!! It makes me wish you would have married me (hee, hee). I think you are a very talented writer and you are putting me to shame (my 9th anniversary is this Saturday). Happy anniversary to the both of you! You guys are a gorgeous couple!!!! I also love your attitude about turning 30. You've inspired me to adopt that same excitement of what is to come. Lose baby weight, my eye! You are teeny, tiny and make having kids look like nothing!!!! Oh, how I miss you!!!!!!!! I just want to hug you right now!! So I just got back on Wednesday from a 4 week trip to Utah (s0 unfortunately I won't be back probably until the end of October or in reality until Christmas). Will you be there at Christmas? I will call you (now that I have written a book here). I love you sooooooo much!!!! Thanks for your SWEET thank you card!!!! You are the best!!!!! Love you!